Friday, January 22, 2010

Weddings.

Blarg. I'm getting fed up with this whole "wedding" thing. I KNOW I need to start planning it but it's annoying and it's hard to find time. I want to start by nailing down the honeymoon. I know that will inspire me to further care. But I can't find any damn time to sit down with Justin and talk. We are sooo busy. Doing what exactly I'm not sure. I guess last weekend it was the wine party, then going to the races, THEN going to Mom and Dad's house for dinner. I just wanted to spend time with Courtney while she was in town (she has gone back to Italy by the way and I miss her SOOO much!) And now Justin has gone outta town for the weekend. How the hell are we ever going to figure this out? Uhg.

I need to get it figured out before everybody starts planning it for me. Everyone is always annoying me with their questions and ideas. I know they mean well and they think I WANT to talk about it. I probably would if it weren't like talking about....That research paper you've got due @ 6 am tomorrow morning that you haven't even started on yet. I am procrastinating somewhat but really I just don't know where to start and I can't do it all. It's not even supposed to be that big of a deal. Yes, lots of people are supposed to come but I don't want it to be that "wedding" that you see on TV or that you go to at the reception hall. With the flowers and the shiny stuff and the people in white button up shirts picking up after you. And the cheesy DJ. Bleh. I mean don't get me wrong, those things are pretty and enchanting and memorable but I couldn't be less interested in that crap. It's just not....me.

At work we are planning to cater a lady's son's wedding. She is planning it all and he and his bride are vegan, like me. So, to me falls the task of figuring out what they are going to eat. So I kindly gave the STRANGER my phone number. And KAY let slip that I am also getting married. and now....You guessed it, she calls me ALL THE TIME and she is one of those people who you think is about to shut up and then she just goes off on another freakin tangent. She called me to see what I was doing for my wedding cake, she called me to see if i was going to the bridal fair last weekend, she brought me a wedding planning booklet from said bridal fair. It's like she's suddenly my BFF. She's a crazy person. Leave me alone you harpie!

Justin's mom called me yesterday and talked to me about it for like 30 minutes. Geeze louize! I don't talk to MY mother on the phone for more than 2 minutes,. Or my best friends. Or Justin. I hate talking on the phone. She has all these "great ideas" and things we "Just have to do" Like now she wants to invite lots of people to the rehearsal dinner instead of just the people in the wedding party and she wants to gather all of our baby pictures and put them in a "PowerPoint" which means a slide show I believe. Annoying! I don't want to do that. How uhg! Nobody wants to sit around and look at pictures of me and Justin when we were babies. If they wanted to see that then they already have.

She also brought it up at Christmas dinner (I was forced to attend this decidedly un-vegan event)and made it the main topic of conversation. I told her everything that I do already have planned. But everything that wasn't set in stone she had ideas for. Plus, she made us promise before we knew what she was about to say, to "do just one thing" for her. Justin "just has to" wear a tuxedo. "he'll look so handsome!' Just like at Beau's wedding." Lord woman! It's gonna be a hundred degrees outside! No way. And that totally doesn't fit us at all. Justin would hate it and he would look outta place in a field in the middle of the country getting married in a tuxedo. Sigh. why me? Why couldn't Justin's mom be some drunk or dead or something. Those things I could deal with.

Rant rant rant.

Anyway the point the point. I should get to the point. I guess I'm writing this in hopes that I will inspire some new interest within myself. I think it did spark some enthusiasm for it all. Or maybe not. I think this chat just inspired enthusiasm for murder. Oh well, better luck next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment